3.4.09

Kleenex Collaborative Evaluation

1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

This module has been a predominantly illustrative task for me and Ollie. Although I have worked a lot with illustration in the past I feel like this brief allowed us to push our skills in professional illustration further. We took time to make sure every illustration we did was properly hand drawn and planned before digitalizing them. We also tried to make sure that all of our work was strictly organized while we were working which helped drastically when handing in the work. I want to make sure that I keep up this working style of organization because it has made the whole brief seem much easier, especially when working collaboratively. We also used photography as a main part of our resolutions. It is the first time I have worked in a lighting studio and one of the first times I have properly used a digital SLR but I definitely want to make sure I keep up to these new skills as working with photography has opened my eyes to a lot of great new ideas that I want to try out.

2. What approaches to generating work and solutions to problems have you developed and how have they helped?

It has been an interesting task working in this collaboration. Usually people put themselves together as they have different interests within design and think they can put their interests together to make solutions work. However, me and Ollie chose to work together as we are interested in mainly the same styles of design and the same solutions to problems. Because of this instead of assigning different tasks for us to do then putting them together, we did nearly everything together. This actually worked very well as there was always two pairs of eyes cast over everything we produced so we could be very critical of what we were doing at every stage, it also meant we both knew exactly where we were going and what needed to be done. Also having a lot of similar interests meant that we were on the same wavelength with our ideas and could brainstorm them very quickly.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalize on these?

I think that the main thing that stands out in our work is the visual style, we have worked very well to the youthful target market of the brief and I feel like we have created a message and identity that will make a lot of men laugh and connect with. We have used a very old joke in a fresh new manner. I also think that the professionalism of our work will stand out. Everything we have created has a very clean, sharp feel to it with the very hi-res photos and slick illustration. I want to make sure that I keep to this professionalism in all my work. I also think that the organization of our work will stand out and I want to make sure this is something else I keep up to.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how could you exploit these more fully?

A lot mine and Ollies interests in design lie in aesthetics, T-shirts and posters. this meant that most of ideas lay flat on a sheet of paper. Although I really like the postcards, and I think we have definitely thought innovatively about the mirror advert solutions. I think that we could have thought more about how the message we were conveying could have got to our target market in a cleverer way than something they have pick pick up. In future projects I want to try and think more about designing different solutions to problems than just think about printed aesthetic.

5. Identify five things that you will do different next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

a. Think about solutions that don't have to be on paper.
b. Keep files organized on the computer as well as printed/hand drawn development.
c. Make sure all of my ideas that could work are developed and tested.
d. Plan each day even there doesn't seem like there's much to do.
e. Test other media types/printing methods.

.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

Attendance - 5

Punctuality - 5

Motivation - 4

Commitment -4

Quantity of work produced - 4

Quality of work produced - 4

Contribution to the group - 5

No comments: