18.1.10

Pentagram


Bulletin of the atomic scientists
Strengths - There's a real design trend at the minute of people dealing with scientistic themes in their work. I think this spawned from the geometric shapes and optical illusions that came into vast popularity over the last year. It has been an area that I have been extremely interested in so I am always interested to see stuff like this. It's really simple but the wording is quite powerful which I think goes well with the super simple layout. I also think that the illustration of the clock is really nicely executed.
Weaknesses - My big gripe with work on this theme is that a lot of it jumps on the bandwagon of seeming scientific without actually having any sort of theory or educational content whatsoever. It's just a trend.

No comments: